1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

6 Hours of Hell

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by seebee, Jan 3, 2007.

1. seebee

seebee

Dec 17, 2004
    Philadelphia,Pa
    Bass goes in the Flight Case Flight Case goes on the plane my Bass my Sadowsky Bass....

"Fare well and a–dieu to you fair Spanish ladies

Fare well and a-dieu to you ladies of Spain

For we’ve received orders to sail to Jacksonville Florida

And hope very shortly to see you a-gain" :eek:

U.S. Airways can't track my Bass and says it maybe on a later flight:eek:

6 hours after landing in Jacksonville and 6 hors of Jack Daniel's U.S. Airways finds my bass. sends it to the Hotel:hyper:

2. ped

ped User Commercial User

Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    Well that was hard to read but I am glad you got it back!

3. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    *exhales*

Oh man... that must have been one nightmare. I would have FLIPPED.

4. tigersuit

tigersuit

Dec 20, 2006
    Los Angeles
    It is but I think he's hysterical.

5. seebee

seebee

Dec 17, 2004
    Philadelphia,Pa
    The middle part is a quote from the Movie "Jaws"

6. *Puts leg up on the table*

"See that? That's a scar from a Music Man Stingray"

That's quite a harrowing tale.
    Glad you got it back. I hope FedEx takes care of my new Sadowsky flying across the country...

*Crosses fingers and holds breath*

7. seebee

seebee

Dec 17, 2004
    Philadelphia,Pa
    I'm sure your new Sad will be fine flying cross country. I could have taken it on the plane in a gig bag but we had a small express jet from D.C. to Philly they would have put under the plane at that point.

8. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    That, and maybe a little hungover from the six hours of JD.

9. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    NorCal
    Indeed!

Good to know you got that baby back in one piece. And welcome back to Philly! :hyper:

10. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Welcome back and happy new year, CB. Glad you Sad is safe and sound. Which one was it? They are all beautiful

Rob

11. seebee

seebee

Dec 17, 2004
    Philadelphia,Pa
    Hi Rob

Thanks, Happy New Year to you. May 2007 bring you many gigs. It was my black 24 fret. I wasn't worried about damage because the Flight case is built like a tank but, when it didn't come out of baggage claim and they had no idea where it was, yikes! But I guess that's the chance you take on the road.

12. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Damn!!! Glad its safe and sound. I hope '07 rocks like '06. We ended the year with 188 shows. Not bad. Pays the bills and its a ton of fun. Saw you on the tube the other day. Dont know what looked tastier, the food or your Sadowsky. LOL

Rob

13. fender_mod

fender_mod

Jun 23, 2005
    this has happend to me too, except i ended up 3,000 miles and 4 weeks separated from my bass. it was good to get it back as soon as i did i pluged it in and got to playing. the bass sounded like crap and i was scared to death it had been ruined some how until i realized I hadn't tuned it up... imagine my relief when a quick tune up made it all better.

14. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

So glad to hear you got your bass back! I had something similar happen to me way back when. I was flying to NY from L.A. to do a concert and my bass in a big heavy Anvil case went to Mexico City instead! I had to use a borrowed bass that night and yes, fortunately I got my bass delivered to the hotel we were staying in, the next day.

George

15. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    Same thing happend to me except the bass made it and I was lost for 6 hours.
    I blame the Jack Danials`.

16. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I thought this was going to be about being stuck in a GC for six hours because of a blizzard or something.

17. walkerci

walkerci

Mar 7, 2006
    Orlando, FLA
    I always carry my basses onboard.

Last night I carried my Ibanez Blazer in a Coffin Case and stuffed it in the overhead compartments on two Continental flights. No problems at all.

BTW, I would never check anything of value with US Air.
    I've heard way too many horror stories.:help:

FWIW, I wouldn't try carrying a bass onboard with Air France, even in First Class. It doesn't matter if it fits, they don't care. Complete idiots.:mad:

18. scary

19. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hahahaha

The AGONY!

Stranded inside the cold walls of retail hell... yikes!

20. seebee

seebee

Dec 17, 2004
    Philadelphia,Pa
    Every Airline has a different deal when it comes to carry on. All of my axes are insured for any kind of loss but thought of losing it is a drag.