6 months to replace a Fender Custom Shop jazz bass neck under warranty?!?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jpeck02, Aug 6, 2013.

1. The Bass Clef

The Bass Clef is modulating in time. Gold Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Southern California
    That's great!

2. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    congrats, jpeck!

i envy you for owning a CS,... i love every one i have ever played!:)

3. Good to hear. Rob helped me too with my CS' 59 P-bass that had a stuck truss rod that couldn't be adjusted. The bad news was it took 9 months to get the bass back with the rebuilt neck under warranty, but the good news is when it did the neck and fretwork were fantastic. Yeah the red tape and the wait sucked but they made it right in the end.

4. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    I've been reading the thread for the past few days, and I'm glad to see that the issue got resolved well. But I think that's due in no small part to the presence of RobSatFender on TB and in this thread. Rob, I think it's great that you're trying to keep in touch with Fender customers at this level. If other manufacturers were engaged in this kind of outreach with the people who play their instruments it could be a groundbreaking move for the MI industry.

5. slick_tu

slick_tu

Sep 19, 2006
    South Jersey
    So, Rob, what do the rest of us get who waited patiently for our repairs to be completed without whining about it on TB?

6. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Nice!

7. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Have you tried PMing him directly?

8. slick_tu

slick_tu

Sep 19, 2006
    South Jersey
    I patiently waited the six months Fender told me, up front, it would take; I got it back last April. Now, I'm just whining about whining. ;)

9. RobSatFender

RobSatFender

Apr 29, 2011
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Director, Customer Service, Fender
    Now see, slick_tu, if I answer, it equates to agreeing that someone whined.......which in my estimation they didn't. :bassist:

Thx others for the kind words (you know who you are), I'm glad I was lucky enough to be able to help out a bit.

Thx to the snarkers too :cool: -- always good to have other views to consider.

Cheers all!!

rob

10. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Hey cool to hear you got your bass back and very cool of Rob to come on here and post.

11. faulknersj

faulknersj Inactive

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    Sweet! I knew it! As soon as I saw this thread, I contacted 2 of my best buddies who work at the CS. They were totally unaware that this had transpired and had a 'we are going to get to the bottom of this immediately' attitude. They were honestly shocked and PO'd. I'm glad it all worked out. Those are great basses!!

Any pics?

12. nurnay

nurnay

Aug 21, 2010
    Chico, CA
    I just hope there's some followup with the person that was stringing this poor guy along, and making rude comments about him via email. Unacceptable in customer service.

13. faulknersj

faulknersj Inactive

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    I don't think he is still representing Fender.

14. slick_tu

slick_tu

Sep 19, 2006
    South Jersey
    All's well that ends well. twothumbsup_zpsb6e01956.gif

15. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    I love happy endings. So often it just takes talking to the right person. Congrats, man, and enjoy that bass!

16. I don't have friends who work there but the sense I have from the Fender CS guys I've talked to at NAMM is the reason they work there is they really love making guitars and basses. Like your friends, I'm sure most of them have the right attitude and want the people playing their stuff to be happy and really love it.

17. RobSatFender

RobSatFender

Apr 29, 2011
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Director, Customer Service, Fender
    Exactly.+1 .......and some of the people playing our stuff...is us too.

18. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I think I may have to go through these channels as well. I have waited patiently for years for a Fender Troll model bass and nada.

19. rocmonster

rocmonster

Oct 31, 2011

:eek:DARRIN HUFF WORKS FOR FENDER NOW?:eek:

j/k:D

I hope you get your neck soon.

20. huckleberry1

huckleberry1

Jul 1, 2013
    Mesquite, Texas
    student
    Somebody got their attention, I planned on getting a new Fender Jazz bass. I think I'll wait to see if the OP gets satisfactory results.