1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

6 months without soda pop !

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jun 2, 2007.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Friends Today I hit 6 months without soda pop and I can honestly say I dont miss it at all , I thought it would be harder to give up.

2. jimb213

jimb213

Nov 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Way to go Major! Soda is so bad for you in so many ways (even diet soda). First I cut down to one a day, and more recently I've cut down to maybe 3 or 4 a week, but sometimes I just gotta have a Dr. Pepper...

3. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Inactive

Jan 11, 2006
    The longest I've gone is 11 months. It's easy to do, plus you'll feel better without it in your system

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I have found that really cold ice water is much more refreshing then soda :cool:

5. Good work, Major. And, you're right about water. Ultimately, it's the most refreshing drink. It just tastes like.. nothing!
    I've cut out sugared soda, but now I drink tons of Fresca and Diet Mountain Dew. I have a feeling that's not exactly good for me, either..

6. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I drink one every few weeks or even months. It's been like this for years.

Good job, though. :)

7. ric1312

ric1312 Inactive

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    Did it take off any significant amount of weight? I recently gave up all soda because of blood pressure problems.

8. Way to go, Kevin! :)

I, as you may know, have cut back from 3-6 sodas per day to just 1, sometimes none; it's my treat to myself.

There are days when I will have more than 1, but they are few and far between.

I do drink diet soda when I feel the need for something sweet and carbonated and don't want to have another soda.

Hey, Dave Siff: Isn't that Fresca with the berry flavor the bomb? :hyper:

Mike ;)

9. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Why drink soda if there is beer...

10. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Inactive

Jan 11, 2006
    Diet soda is worse for you, actually

All that aspartame crap that's in it

11. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    But is it worse for you from a "losing weight" perspective?

12. Yeah! That is good stuff. I drank about six cans in a row the other day.
    Another really good one is Minute Maid Light Cherry Limeade.

13. blankstare77

blankstare77

May 19, 2006
    Aspartame is the most tested substance on the PLANET.

Scientists have concluded that aspartame is PERFECTLY FINE to use and poses no health risks.

It was concluded that the "evidence" of the rats contracting disease and tumors were circumstantial and it was not directly linked to aspartame.

14. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    1 a day to keep the skinny away =) lol

(current 150LBS lol)

15. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Wow, has it really been 6 months? Seems like only yesterday we were celebrating you having one week off it!

16. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    Good job! Now you just have to quit shooting all that smack...

:D

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Awesome!!!! :bassist:

This July will be three years for me. I feel exactly the same.

I anticipated withdrawals and relapses. No such thing. I took a sip of Pepsi a few months ago, and it felt like I was pouring sugar water in my mouth.

-Mike

18. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
  19. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    I'm not sure this is accurate, but at the very least, the body doesn't recognize aspartame as sugar...the end result being that it makes you actually crave sugar. I don't care if they have tested it, how could something like that be any good for you?

btw Major, good for you, that's awesome!

shawn

20. Well, aspartame isn't sugar. It's not remotely close to being sucrose or any molecule involving glucose. So obviously, if you have a sugar craving, nothing will take it away besides eating sugar. That, or a whole lot of will power :D.

Besides, sugar in large doses is somewhat harmful as well. In addition to causing tooth decay, a large dose of sugar shocks the body into producing large amounts of insulin and storing as much glucose as possible into fat. This insulin spike tends to cut appetite immediately, but is followed by hunger when levels subside. So eating sugar will have you feeling hungry faster.

I always drink diet sodas, but either way, I'll only have them once every few weeks. In small amounts it's up you to, but I'm avoiding the calories. In large amounts... I don't think diet or regular sodas are necessarily good to drink.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 23, 2021