Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

6 ohm

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by poor_gear_whore, Jan 13, 2006.

1. So, I tried the search function and it won't let me search 6 because it isn't long enough. So my question is what companies have made or do make a 6 ohm speaker cab?

2. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    The only one I know of is Eden's 610XLT, but I'm far from being an authority on 6 ohm cabs.

3. nls666

nls666

Jul 31, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Markbass...(6x10 cab)

4. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    The Epifani and Demeter 3x10 cabs are 6 ohm. Basically, look for 3 and 6 speaker cabs, as they are often (usually?) 6 ohms.

All the best,

5. lsdn

lsdn

Sep 6, 2003
    padova (italy)
    ...and 3x10 also (like mine!)

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    :)

Most of the cabs mentioned so far are more than likely loaded with three 8 ohm speakers. The actual nominal impedance is 5.3 ohms, but they probably round it up to 6 for simplicity.

Doesn't Jim bergantino use custom 12 Ohm speakers in his 3 driver models. Two of those in parallel would equal 6 ohms, but you'd have to build your own cab for them.

Which raises the question, why 6 ohms?

7. I have a acoustic 270 head that has max output at 3 ohms and I am already running a 6 ohm sunn 6x10 cab off it. So I am just tryin to get the most out of my head.