1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

6 sting flats...what brand makes them

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by funkadelickbass, Mar 15, 2008.

1. funkadelickbass

funkadelickbass

Aug 13, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Social Media and Sales: www.creamcitymusic.com
    I know that thomastik and rotosound make some sets but I am wondering who else might...

and also any opinions you might have on any of the brands would be helpful...

thanx in advanced
    Andrew

2. Triad

Triad Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 4, 2006
    Europe
    Luthier - Prometeus Guitars
    LaBella makes a 6 strings set. Check their site! :)

3. Carvin also sells flats on their site. I like them very well.

4. funkadelickbass

funkadelickbass

Aug 13, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Social Media and Sales: www.creamcitymusic.com
    Any opinions?

The TI's are insanely expensive...but if they are the best then I guess they are worth it.

I've never tried carvin strings...or any thing but carvins amps...

GHS's 4str flats were pretty nice but I've heard that FLatwound B strings are a different beast...

I've always liked the sound of the LaBella tap wrapped but I don't like playing them...I would rip right through them. I've never tried their steel flats tho...

please share any thoughts/experiences,

Andrew

5. Bass Below

Bass Below

Oct 24, 2006
    New York
    The Carvins are made by LaBella. I have the Carvin flats on my 6 string, the quality is fine, they just don't offer much of a variety gauge wise.

6. B3bopbass

B3bopbass

Apr 28, 2005
    D'Addario Chromes

7. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    I ordered a set of JF346's (TI's). Someone posted this link. It's the cheapest I've ever seen them; however, shipping is almost $9 bucks.

I ordered them from a local music store and they're on backorder until mid April. I called Lemur and they told me they would have them in another couple weeks.

Joe