Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

6 straight

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cassanova, Jan 27, 2006.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I just need to vent a bit. So to my true friends here, I do appriciate the ear.

SInce my breakup with the fiance, I've been asking woman for their numbers in an attempt to know them, to see if maybe theres something there.

The last 6 have all agreed to talk or do something together. All 6 have just up and blown me off. This has me feeling, pissed, and taking a toll on my confidence. Not to mention it kinda hurts a lil bit.

THe last one is kinda ok. She's engaged. Unfortunately, shes the one I've admired for months now. However, I still plan on trying to get to know her. Personally, I dont care if I break the 2 of them up. My logic, he pushes and abuses her. I wont do that and know Id be better for her and in ways, her for me.

But is this the norm to be blown off so much before getting the one that actually comes through?

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  3. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

Mike is on the money with that link.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey cass,

It sounds like you're really aggressively pursuing women and/or relationships. Do you feel like you need to have a woman in your life right now?

I found my wife after I'd decided I wasn't going to be out looking for a woman. I just decided to live my life and see what happened and we met and hit it off.

Just something to consider.

brad cook

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You could always lower your standards. :D

-Mike

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I wouldnt say Im agressivly persuing anyone. If a gal catchs my eyes, Ill try and go for it. Its funny, cause I'm not really looking but I'm meeting them, just gettin blown off.

7. Chicks... Can't hold their smoke.

8. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    giggle...........

9. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Depending on how low you go, you'll never be disappointed. :p

+1 Very good advice.

Aug

10. smoking is nasty..

11. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Women can almost smell loneliness.

Oddly, women barely looked at me until I found a girlfriend...now they start conversations with ME.

You have to either:

1) Not give a crap...like DigMe said; just stop looking, and oddly...they'll suddenly be there.

or...

2) Lower your standards a bit, perhaps, just to get yourself some immediate company...all the while keeping in mind that this mere act of being "taken" is likely to send out that silent alarm signal to all women in the vicinity that you are "worth having"...and suddenly, as if by magic, they will all give you attention.

It's freaky...

12. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    ah **** it, im over it already. went out with a friend last night and had a blast. Like a friend told me, "They're like fire hydrants."

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    ..useless until you get their top off?

14. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    ...a vital spot to put a hose?:eek:

15. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Cass, I got turned down and/or blown off more times than I care to remember.

My luck with women was so bad that I could have walked into a whorehouse with a fistful of $100's, and wind up picking the only Nun in the place.

I finally said "screw it" to myself and next thing I know I met the woman that became my Wife. I was 35 when that happened.

It will happen to you. Be yourself and she'll come along.

As far as pursuing an engaged woman, unless the voice in your head and heart tells you it's the right thing to do, I think you'll be in for more disappointment and heartache than it's worth. Been there, done that, bought the shirt and starred in the video.

16. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I was following my heart on this one. I've had a crush on her for a while now. She was in a class of mine last semester. You arent kiddin on the heartache thing. Not exactly heartbroken, but she doesnt want me to call her anymore and thats fine. I can say g'bye quite easily now. The only problem I'm gonna have is on Tues in class when I see her again. Her and I usually sit next to each other. So I'm gonna feel somewhat awkward should this happen.

17. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    lol so i'm a teenager and don't know what i'm talking about, but i think you should sit back and see what happens.

18. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I get shot down all the time. It sucks.

On the plus side, it only motivates me to work out, lose weight and build muscle so that one day i can turn around and say "haha, look at me now you stupid (5 minute sware session)".

So I'm not sure which is better, to have a girlfriend or to have motivation to workout. based on what ive seen of women, im gonna go with the latter.

19. What's the sound of something flying over your head?

:smug:

20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

Cass... you're a grown man. No more "crushes"