1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

6 string 35" flats

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by punisher911, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Does anybody know of a set of flatwounds that will fit a 6 string with a 35" scale? I don't want to buy a set if I'm not sure that they will fit. 6 string flats in general are hard to come by.

2. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Digital Brand Development and Product Development at GHS Strings
    Our Precision Flats are in a "Long Scale Plus" length, which will fit a 35" bass. You can buy singles from Jason at bassstringsonline.com to make your preferred set.

3. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    GHS M3050X-5 set plus a FB28 single. I have them listed as a 6-String set as GHS Official mentioned.

https://www.bassstringsonline.com/G...atwound-Bass-Strings--6-String-Set_p_482.html

The Long Plus have a 38" Winding Length from Ball End to Silk. If you are unsure measure from the Ball End to your nut and if that distance is within 38" then they will fit.

If you have a longer instrument I have strings specially made by La Bella with a 40" and 42" winding length from Ball End to Silk available for 6-String instruments as well.

4. Thank you both! GHS is a michigan based company, so I probably should support them anyway :D

2 sets ordered.

5. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    I was about to reply with GHS when GHS replied! Surprise!

Yes, GHS are my "standard" string by which I always judge all others. I've used them on and off for a great many years. My favorites are their flats and their Brite flats (ground wounds). They may not always be the best string for some given job but they are alway good enough!

6. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Digital Brand Development and Product Development at GHS Strings
    We all appreciate the local support!

The flats (brite and precision) are the only ones that I don't have as extensive experience with. I've gigged with them for a couple months each, but nearly everything else I've gigged with for years.