1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

6 string bass arpeggios and scales for metal/jazz

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by mutil8ndevour, Mar 2, 2013.

1. mutil8ndevour

mutil8ndevour

Apr 19, 2011
    So here's my deal, I know a few minor and dim arpeggios on 4 and 5 string bass and I have a general idea of how they work but I want to expand on that with a 6 string but unfortunately I am having trouble because i don't know where to go or how to connect it to scales and other arpeggios. I'm trying to engulf myself with more music theory because I have always been one to feel the groove and play on how it feels but never taught myself things other than those arpeggios, some tapping, time signature changes and tempo modulation. If I could get some input on what scales and arpeggios and how to use them to my fullest to better my technical death metal music that'd be awesome. All forms/genres of music would help me especially jazz and classical.

2. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    I think this book will cover it all for you :

IMP5399A.

272 pages of scales, arpeggios and chords. Melodic, harmonic, minor, major, diminished, etc. etc.

It works for 4, 5 and 6 string basses :)

3. lucam

lucam

Jun 6, 2010
  4. Jools4001

Jools4001 Supporting Member

5. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Haha, thank you for that! I was afraid the link didn't work! :p

6. mutil8ndevour

mutil8ndevour

Apr 19, 2011
    Thanks, that will help out a lot.

7. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa Guest

Dec 25, 2011
    You already know how to create an arpeggio ... it is the same thing over 6 strings, it is just that you can cover almost 3 octaves in one position.

Arpeggio are just stacked 3rd in a major, minor, dim or aug fashion. Nothing else, nothing more. No need of a book for that, just basic theory knowledge.

8. Meridian69

Meridian69

May 28, 2012
    Denver, CO