6-String bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jsacci(DT), Dec 22, 2003.

1. Is there any good 6-string basses that are around $500? cause I have a tight budget and need to get a 6-stringer fast! So if anyone out there knows a good bass please tell. Thx.
  2. I'm pretty sure the Peavey Grind Bass is under $500. There are some at Musicians friend
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Cort Curbow
    Tobias Toby Pro 6 (available at www.musicyo.com)
    Dean Edge 6
    I believe used Spector NS2000/6s can be had for that much
    Some used Ibanez 6ers (check e-bay).

Of the budget 6ers I've played, I'd recomend the Spector. It's the "best" budget 6er I've played. Easily worth twice what they're asking. Ok, maybe 1.5 times.

Good bass, in any event. That, or the Curbow.
  4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Yea, take a good look at Peavey, Dean and Yamaha. There are some reasonable 6-strings to be had.
  5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    all of those are good..but i heard that the new rondomusic.com basses are really good also

6. You could get an Ibanez BTB406 if you saved a little money
  7. go with a tobias pro 6. www.musicyo.com

the bass was 600 and something, but its onsale, because they have a new, better model out. its like $450 now, and its one beautiful instrument
  8. Kelvin

Apr 30, 2000
    Go with a Toby.

A used Soundgear SR can be had for < $400. I sold one for $350 3 years ago. It is easy to play, but can sound a little harsh with the bridge pickup soloed.
  9. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Those are Brice, and they are pretty good basses for the money. I have the HXB-406 with the bubinga top, and for $300 it is really nice. Plays good, sounds good, looks good.
  10. I'ma going with a Brice, I might go ahead and pick me up a fretless too, in the future.
  11. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
  12. from everything I've read you should be happy! You should get the HXB model.

I got me a Grind, but it had a little work to be done when I got it home. Also the other Grinds in the store weren't as nice.
  13. Too bad the Toby's are Sold out guys. The $200 off sale on that bass is only good till the end of 2003. BTW, I bought one a couple weeks ago, it went out of stock that same day, then came back "in stock" for a couple days, so there's still hope, but I honestly doubt it. I'll give a review of it after Christmas, my parents helped fund it as a christmas gift though I paid for most of it.