6 string bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VinnyP666, Dec 31, 2004.

1. VinnyP666

Aug 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    I currently own an Ibanez BTB405QM and am looking to get something to add to my line up. I like the ibanez, but i want to get a 2nd bass and I was thinking about trying a 6 string. I dont really want to spend a lot of money, since my ibanez is great, and i dont know if i want to drop money on another expensive bass. As I looked throught the 6 strings, I came across the Rogue Lx406 Pro. It lists for 250 dollars and appears to be a solid bass. After I read reviews, I found that a lot of people were very happy with it, and it is a great buy. Yet I am still a bit sceptical bc, one it is only $ 250, and two it is a Rogue.

I'd like to know more about it if you have any information. And one more thing, a 6 standard 6 sring bass is B-E-A-D-G-B ?
  2. Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    By default a 6 string is BEADGC - all in fourth. I just got a BTB406 tonight, and I'm still getting used to the extra strings :bassist:

I don't know about the rogue, but if you're looking at something in that price range, maybe a Brice would work?
  3. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    BtB's are nice,and since you like Ibanez' thats a good choice.
  4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I actually own one of these Rogue's, as does a gentlemen on these forums called Dr. Eagle, and we both love it. It's solid as hell for the money, the pups are a bit unbalanced but are VERY clear, had a nice growl and and excellent tone for something so cheap. Honestly, the bass blrw me away with the quality factor. It's only real drawback for me was that the outer strings are louder than the inner strings. For 250 it ain't bad compadre.