1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

6 string bonus

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by red-hot-bassist, Jan 7, 2002.

1. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    I think this is a tehcnique thing...here goes,

my maw got me an acoustic steel strung guitar for christmas this year, it came as quite a surprise that she had done this as she knows of my love for the bass and that i was planning to purhcase a not so good 1/4 size nylon thingy from argos later on.
    anyway, this has toughened my fingers right up, (on my fretting hand) and has improved stretches already.

i would recemmend investing in a cheapo guitar. it also helps you to understand music a little better when you play one more instrument and guitar is pretty accessible so why not?

what are you views on taking this up for a second instrument?

2. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    I think that it is almost essential to learn at least one more instrument. In my basement, I have guitars, 2 keyboards, bongos, a complete drum kit, sax, xylophone, a trumpet, and a bunch of other stuff...it all helps.

Each instrument that you learn...even a bit, helps you to understand music a lot better.

3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    moved to misc

4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I have been playing acoustic guitar along with bass for years. I find it enjoyable and helpful in writing.

Chas