Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

6 string bonus

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by red-hot-bassist, Jan 7, 2002.

1. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    I think this is a tehcnique thing...here goes,

my maw got me an acoustic steel strung guitar for christmas this year, it came as quite a surprise that she had done this as she knows of my love for the bass and that i was planning to purhcase a not so good 1/4 size nylon thingy from argos later on.
    anyway, this has toughened my fingers right up, (on my fretting hand) and has improved stretches already.

i would recemmend investing in a cheapo guitar. it also helps you to understand music a little better when you play one more instrument and guitar is pretty accessible so why not?

what are you views on taking this up for a second instrument?

2. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    I think that it is almost essential to learn at least one more instrument. In my basement, I have guitars, 2 keyboards, bongos, a complete drum kit, sax, xylophone, a trumpet, and a bunch of other stuff...it all helps.

Each instrument that you learn...even a bit, helps you to understand music a lot better.

3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    moved to misc

4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I have been playing acoustic guitar along with bass for years. I find it enjoyable and helpful in writing.

Chas