1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

6 string corvette?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eldermike, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Eldermike

Eldermike

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Still crazy, after all these years, I am considering going to a 6 string. I have had this bug before and got over it, but this time I think I am going for it.

I love my 5 string corvette standard and was considering getting a 6 string version of that bass. I am not sensitive to the weight in the slightest. I looked at the thumb and I actually prefer the sound of the corvette, but that just a personal preference.

My question is: If you were going to spend $1,500\$2,000 on a six string bass would you have arrived at the same conclusion or is there something better to consider?

2. I f you like your 5 string Vette, you'll probably like the 6. It's good that you're aware of the weight. My 1st 6 was a Ken Smith BSR, next was the Corvette. It compared very favorably- I think I'd prefer the Warwick. The one bit of advice I might offer is to try to get one with a wenge neck- a huge improvement over ovangkol, IMO.

3. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    wiooohoooo i just got a corvette 6, traded half an hour ago for mi fender jazz FMT.

cant tell you about the bass now cause i really dont know, i need some days to try it out, but so far unplugged seems very nice!!!!!