6 string corvette?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eldermike, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Eldermike

Jul 27, 2004
    Still crazy, after all these years, I am considering going to a 6 string. I have had this bug before and got over it, but this time I think I am going for it.

I love my 5 string corvette standard and was considering getting a 6 string version of that bass. I am not sensitive to the weight in the slightest. I looked at the thumb and I actually prefer the sound of the corvette, but that just a personal preference.

My question is: If you were going to spend $1,500\$2,000 on a six string bass would you have arrived at the same conclusion or is there something better to consider?
  2. I f you like your 5 string Vette, you'll probably like the 6. It's good that you're aware of the weight. My 1st 6 was a Ken Smith BSR, next was the Corvette. It compared very favorably- I think I'd prefer the Warwick. The one bit of advice I might offer is to try to get one with a wenge neck- a huge improvement over ovangkol, IMO.
  3. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    wiooohoooo i just got a corvette 6, traded half an hour ago for mi fender jazz FMT.

cant tell you about the bass now cause i really dont know, i need some days to try it out, but so far unplugged seems very nice!!!!!