1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 6 string F bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassmanbrent, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Price:
    $2800 USD
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Gorgeous 6 string neck through fretless. Purchased new from F bass in 1990. Specs as follows:

Flamed alder body wings
    5 piece curly maple/wenge neck
    marbled Ceylon ebony fingerboard
    bone nut and saddle
    9 coat tung oil finish
    passive electronics (volume, volume, tone)
    2 single coil pickups w/ dummy coils
    34" scale
    18 mm string spacing at bridge

This is a really great bass that I am only selling because I don't play much fretless any more. It's in very good shape for it's age. Some wear on the bridge pickup cover and a few little cable dings near the input jack, which I'll post photos of later.

Price does not include shipping, but I can ship it within the USA to avoid brokerage fees. Comes with a standard Fender style hardshell case. IMG_1199. IMG_1198. IMG_1196.JPG IMG_1197. IMG_1195.

Paypal is okay.

I'm interested in trading toward an MTD 634/635 fretted or possibly the right Fodera 5 or 6 string.

Thanks!
    Brent

Randyt likes this.
  2. Kevin W Guin

Kevin W Guin Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Chicago, USA
    Another sexy, slinky, "vintage" F Bass. Beautiful. Mine was built within a couple years of this one and I love it. The thing that amazes me is how open the sound is. Just the right amount of focus and not too much "compression" in my opinion. The side-lines make it very easy to intonate as well.

If the buyer decides to go with a preamp after purchase then definitely get the F pre with this. You will be unstoppable and the "vintage" tone knob will blow your mind; it's perfect for putting grit into the fretless growl.

Best of luck to you, Brent, and to the lucky buyer.

Tom7 and bassmanbrent like this.
  3. Thanks Kevin! I hope this amazing bass finds a new home.

4. rnlytton

rnlytton Supporting Member

May 23, 2003
    Naples, FL
    PM sent.

5. PM replied to.

6. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Bump for a great bass from a great seller. (Hurts a little to see you two breaking up. . .)

bassmanbrent likes this.
  7. Thanks LM! I know I'm gonna miss her when she's gone :)

8. Input jack as mentioned previously. image.

9. Sale pending...

10. pnchad

pnchad

Nov 3, 2005
    These are truly wonderful basses - I had a twin a while back

11. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Be sure and tell the new owner to post a photo in Club Fbass and join in the conversation there.

bassmanbrent likes this.
  12. Sold. She's on her way to Hawaii!