1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

6 String for sale or trade....

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by chaoslord, Apr 28, 2001.

1. Hey guys I have a Dean Edge 6 string. It is in transparent blue and has black hardware, EMG-HZ pickups, and I added Schaller Straplocks.

The bass is in excelent condition. The reason I am selling it is I just simply don't use the high C.

The bass lists for $650, retails for $475, I'm looking to get $400 OBO.

Also, and actually ideally, I'd be willing to do a straight up trade for a comparable 5 string (Dean Edge, Spector NS2005, Schecter Stilletto, **your bass here**).

My email is chaoslord99@hotmail.com

Pictures of the bass are available on request.

2. odie

odie Supporting Member

Not to rain on your parade but alot of places are letting them go for under $400. I know that's not what you wanted to hear. Ebay often has items going for more than what they are new.

3. I wasn't going by Ebay prices. The lowest I have personally seen the 6 selling for is at Bass Northwest, which sells it for $450 plus shipping. Everywhere else I have seen them go for $475ish.

Also notice there is a big OBO next to it, I just felt $400 was a good starting price, if anyone feels it's too much and wants to make a resonable offer than I'm all ears.

Ideally though I'd prefer to just trade it up for a 5 anyhow. I'm hoping someone here might have a 5 and want to step up to a six, hopefully this will save both me and that person the trouble of buying new instruments.

Thanks for your comments.

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

I meant by the ebay comment was that you may get more for it on ebay since often times the shoppers there arent as savy as the ones on talkbass.
    I stand corrected the cheapest I found on the web is $449, and $419 @ a semi-local music store with gig bag.

By the way cool band site, I plan on checking your samples if their are some.

5. well i dont have what you want to trade for but i will trade for an ibanez sr300dx, It is in almost perfect condition because that was my first bass and i havent used it for a whilke because i had shortly after buying it i had bought a musicman stingray. are u at all interested in trading because I would be more than happy too?

6. metalhead986,

Thanks for the offer but I can't be without a low B. If you want the bass however I have dropped my asking price to $350 plus shipping.

Let me know if you're interested.

7. I have a fender 5 that is of the Mexican variety though. It sounds nice but is only passive, possible for trade and cash? Could you send me a picture of the six, because I am interested. EastMeetswest74@aol.com Keith

8. CarvinLvr74,

Hey thanks for the offer, I already have a mexi jazz 5 which I don't care for. I do still have the Dean 6 and am still asking $350. If you're interested in buying it or if you have a different 5 to offer I'd love to hear about it. Let me know either here or by email chaoslord99@hotmail.com