1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

6 string gig bags and guitar stands

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jzucker, Apr 29, 2006.

1. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
  2. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    That one should work fine... It's the same one I have for my Cirrus 6 String and it fits perfectly.

- Ugly.

3. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    BTW, I use an Ultimate Genesis 100 for the Cirrus. When I first got it I didn't think that the headstock would fit, but it does (you just have to use that little rubber latch that comes with it to secure it so the bass doesn't slip off.

- Ugly.

4. i use a ROK SAK soft case for my Carvin LB76. fits it fine with room to spare.

as for stands, just go with an A-Frame one, like the ones without a neck suppert and just grab the bottom. no worries about neck size then.

5. I use regular stands w/my wide-spaced 6 & 7- just raise the neck support piece up as high as possible so it's at a point on the neck that's a bit narrower(I imagine there are better stands, but I'm cheap/broke). As for gig bags, I have a Ritter that works great. Not sure of the model; I think it's in the middle of their line, quality-wise. Fits snug but not too snug & has TONS of pockets. I also have a top-of-the-line Ritter double gig bag(2 basses, not double-bass)- it has enough storage to carry a small African nation in.

6. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    So I got this bag and it's WAY too big. You could easily fit a pair of basses inside it. Not only that but the body space is big enough for a concert sized acoustic guitar. Additionally, the headstock area is at least a foot wide.

It's not an acoustic gig bag either because it's about 10" taller than an acoustic guitar.

I'm so sick of buying stuff from musicians friend which ends up being useless. :(

7. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Nevermind. Looks like they sent me the Musicians Friend bag instead of the Road Runner.

Arg...