1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

6-string Humbucker Pickup

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ZekeO, Nov 28, 2010.

1. ZekeO

ZekeO

Jan 13, 2009
    I need a 6-string humbucker dual coil pickup.
    Where can I get one of these?

2. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    EMG, Seymour Duncan, Bartolini, Delano, Nordstrand, SGD, Carvin...

...just to name a few. Where are you located? What tone are you looking for?

3. ZekeO

ZekeO

Jan 13, 2009
    In Jersey. I'm looking for a cross between the growl of the warwick and the round, fat tone, visceral, bold tone of the Musicman.

4. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    Hey, what part of Joisey are you in?

I'd make a pickup recommendation but it would be blatantly biased. :D

5. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    I'm leaning toward the Delanos or the SGD because both seem to have some mid/low-mid qualities that you might like. The Bartolinis can as well, although I find everything they make is quite dark sounding, so I generally shy away from them.

6. ZekeO

ZekeO

Jan 13, 2009
    I have Barts on the Conklin. They are nice but I haven't found any of their stuff that just grabs my shirt and says "Hey buddy, where are you going?" lol. Was also looking at the Nordstrand MM5.4 but they don't have it for 6-strings.

I'm maybe 10 mins away from Bloomfield ave in Montclair depending on GSP traffic of course. Do you have a shop? I need something deep with that jazz growl tone. This would be a third pickup to what I already have on board.

7. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029

Carey has 6-string pickups, he just doesn't have them on his site. He can make them in a variety of string spacings as well.

Check out SGD's website and the clips on it. The man does great things with neodymium magnets.

8. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    PM sent.