6-string options

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wotnwhy, Nov 26, 2002.

1. i got a 5 string bass about a year ago after finding 4 strings confiding (sp?), and i have now found the same with the 5er so i'm moving to a 6 string.

now don't get me wrong, i don't think i'm to good for a 4 or 5, in fact i'm 100% sure i'm not! i just find myself yearning to go higher and lower than the range a 4 string can provide.

i was originally going to buy a yammaha TRB bass 2nd hand for 500 (pounds) then i discovered 2 more basses in my price range

cort curbow; this has always been one of my dream basses (for looks, i've never played it), and i have always thaught it was about a grand, now i find i can get it for 570!

ibanez BTB; i have played the 5 string version of this and found it to be a lot better than i had thaught.

are there any other basses in my pricerange (no more than 600) that are worth checking out? i play all styles, fingerstyle, slap, ect. and all kinds of music, punk, funk, classical ect. so i want the bass to be as versatile as possible, because, apart from my Yamaha RBX 260, which needs some work, it will be my only bass.

2. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Carvin LB76.
  3. A basic LB76 will run around £900 here.