6 String PU's

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Abluesbassist, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Hey guys i'm building a six string bass and wonder what you guys thought were the best 6 string pickups. I am also using the aguilar obp-3 preamp. well let me know what you think. Thanks :cool:
  2. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Well, what kind of pickups do you want? What tone do you want? There are quite a few, but not as many as there are 4 or 5 string pickups. EMG, Bartolini, Basslines, Bill Lawrence, Aero, Kent Armstrong and probably some more make pickups for 6-stringers.

There really isn't any such thing as "best" when it comes to these things. Noone can tell you what you will like. First decide what basses you like the tone of, and go by that. Remember to weigh in factors as body and neck wood, pickup placement, pickup type, strings, technique, and what not.

Good luck!
  3. Thanks I think I'mn leaning towards the basslines phase II active soapbar. any one have any thoughts or opinion on them ?
  4. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Aero are the best. Okay, just in my humble opinion. . .
    : )
  5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    IME, EMG 45J's work very well with aguilar preamps!!!! They sound phenominal!!!!