Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

6 string recordings request

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Ok, lately I'm having a six string fetish so if anyone can please post some I'd be eternally gratefull.

2. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    If you want to hear some smokin' six string players check out the priceless jazz recording of chick corea. Patitucci does some really nice stuff on a sixer. Jimmy Haslip does some great stuff with the yellowjackets also. Not sure if that's your style or what you're looking for but when I need some inspiration i check them out.

3. Thank you. "The Priceless Jazz Recording", is that the name of the song because I couldn't find anything named that so I'm assuming it isn't or it is somewhat rare.

4. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    Priceless jazz recordings is the name of the collection. It just happened to be the one I had sitting on my desk at the time. Pretty much anything with patitucci is going to be good. His solo stuff is pretty hot also. Here's a link for that cd, has some samples on it:
    http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/corea_chick/117713/album.jhtml

5. Can't thank you enough :)

6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Try to look up Neal Fountain, pretty sick 6 string-slinger...