1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

6-string through 10's?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Milothicus, Apr 17, 2002.

1. I've got a yorkville 200T bass amp. it's got 2 10's and a tweeter. i'm wondering if, because of the smaller speakers, it'll have trouble with the low b on a 6 string bass.

has anyone played a 5 or 6 string (with a low B) through this amp? i love the amp right now, couldn't be happier, but i'm worried the low b will throw it off.

2. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    It shouldn't be a problem. At higher volumes, the speakers might start to flap, but it should handle it fine. I play my 6 string through a Euphonic Audio 1x8"!

3. mpapi

mpapi

Sep 9, 2001
    Hamilton, NJ
    I checked Yorkville's site and they don't seem to list the frequency range of the amp. The low B is around 31 hz, so you want the amp to be able to handle a range that low. You may not get that low "rumble" with 10's that you would with a 12 or 15, but the low notes should sound fine.

4. i checked their site too, that's why i asked here. thanks for the help.

5. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Unless you have a true sub woofer, you will seldom here the fundamental note on a low B. It will be comprised of Overtones. I don't believe frequency response should be a really big concern with a speaker being able to handle a B. Like I said, I am playing through a EA VL108, and it's frequency response is 58hz-20khz. I don't have a problem with it handling the low end. I had a 200T on loan for a while, and I did not have a problem with it handling low end. Give it a try!:)