Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

6-string through 10's?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Milothicus, Apr 17, 2002.

1. I've got a yorkville 200T bass amp. it's got 2 10's and a tweeter. i'm wondering if, because of the smaller speakers, it'll have trouble with the low b on a 6 string bass.

has anyone played a 5 or 6 string (with a low B) through this amp? i love the amp right now, couldn't be happier, but i'm worried the low b will throw it off.

2. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    It shouldn't be a problem. At higher volumes, the speakers might start to flap, but it should handle it fine. I play my 6 string through a Euphonic Audio 1x8"!

3. mpapi

mpapi

Sep 9, 2001
    Hamilton, NJ
    I checked Yorkville's site and they don't seem to list the frequency range of the amp. The low B is around 31 hz, so you want the amp to be able to handle a range that low. You may not get that low "rumble" with 10's that you would with a 12 or 15, but the low notes should sound fine.

4. i checked their site too, that's why i asked here. thanks for the help.

5. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Unless you have a true sub woofer, you will seldom here the fundamental note on a low B. It will be comprised of Overtones. I don't believe frequency response should be a really big concern with a speaker being able to handle a B. Like I said, I am playing through a EA VL108, and it's frequency response is 58hz-20khz. I don't have a problem with it handling the low end. I had a 200T on loan for a while, and I did not have a problem with it handling low end. Give it a try!:)