Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

6 string virgin HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Murf, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Hi guys,
    not sure if this is the right forum for this (mods feel free to move). I've been landed with a 6 string Yamaha TRB for a forthcoming gig, trouble is I've only ever played 4 stringers, now with a lot of blood sweat and tears I've managed to get used to playing it without accidentally hitting the low b and c..however I'm actually getting intrigued by the possibilities with this beast. So, I'd be grateful for a few tips from other 6 stringers out there (exercisies, links etc.).

thanks in advance guys/gals

Murf.

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I can help you out with the 6 stringer part, but you're on your own as far as your virginity goes. Just practice, and the ladies will flock to your bass playing, as they do for me.

3. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Heh.........flock..........

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Indeed. And once they flock, they'll do a few other things that begin in F and end in CK... like.. DRIVE A FIRETRUCK! In that firetruck you will lose your virginity, young one.

5. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Ha Ha thing is I aint so young (32) and have been around the block a few times....anyway, back to the 6 string stuff....

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Don't worry, its only kinky the first time.

7. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    If this comment goes to far....a Mod delete or PM me and i will. This derailment reminds me of a few things i have bought from the Mall [Spencer Gifts] you guys might dig. T-shirts, hats, bumper stickers, key chains, and magnets that say "Support Local Music" then in smaller font underneath "sleep with a musician" everything is black with white letters. I have everything but the magnet. I might buy that too though.

6 string? Practice, practice, practice. I only play a 5 so far-i don't really know what it takes/is needed with a 6.

That's all

8. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Ah, spencers. That place is funny.

"If this comment goes to far....a Mod delete or PM me and i will."

You just want to delete someone else's post.. don'cha!
    I'll give you a PM! *shakes fist*... not really :p

9. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA

I've worked there for nearly 3 years. My last day is Sunday :) I'm quitting so i can relax some my last semester in town [high school], and so i can focus more heavily on music-plan it to TRY and gig some before leaving for college. That's all