Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

6 string!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr_Bass, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Mr_Bass

Mr_Bass

Oct 4, 2004
    I am a 4, and will always be a 4! but i want to experiment with a 6 string for fun.

what would be the best 6 string for 1000$ Canadian! :bassist:

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    the one that feels the best to you and has the sound you like the best in your price range :D

3. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    I've worked on several Ibanez 6 string basses and for the money they play and sound nice. If you're wanting new that would probably be your best bet. If you're not in a hurry and don't mind a used instrument I'd watch for a good used 6 string to appear on bassgear.com or harmonycentral.com. I've seen a few bolt-on Pedulla's or neck thru Peavey Cirrus' at good used prices for just a little more. Both play and sound very nice.
    Good luck!

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Does that work out to about $800 US? You can probably get a Carvin sixer for a little more than that. You get a short trial period with them as well, since you can't try them out first-hand.

5. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    If you just want to try it and want an instrument that is kick ass, try the Spector Legend Bubinga 6. I was completely surprised how this thing sounds and plays. Like a much more expensive instrument. EMGhz, 3 band EMG active circuit and a great bridge. The neck is fast and smooth. For about $600US with a gig bag you can't go wrong with it.

6. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    You can get certain spectors 6s for abou 300-400 new. Dont remember the model though. Id second that carvin suggestion. They are probbaly some of the easist playing 6s Ive played and owned.

7. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    It's the Q6 and it doesn't have the same cool rounded/curved body that the Czechs and US models have. I have played both and the Legend is superior. But if it's just a learn bass the Q6 is a good one at that. I second the Carvin also, something about it I didn't like and I can't put my finger on it.

8. Carvin, Ibanez would be good choices...

Or here is a Spector that's in your price range...

Spector 6