6 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shark, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Shark

Dec 19, 2002
    Hi! my name's Giulio, I'm 14 years old and I'm from Italy
    I would like to buy a 6 strings bass
    Do u know some 6 strings that the price is not over $700

Thank you
  2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Perhaps a used Ibanez SR406???? That might be worth looking into.
  3. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Carvin LB76 is an excellent bass for the money. Used can go from $400-600 US.
  4. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    What features do you want on the bass?
  5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I don't know if you'll find them in Italy, but the 6 string Dean Edge is a nice 6 string in that price range. A heck of a lot better than an Ibanez at the same price point IMO. www.musiciansfriend.com sells them online to the USA, not sure about Italy.
  6. see if you can find a Schecter Stilleto Elite 6-string. These are their studio line basses and this one 'retails' for $999. I got my Elite 5 string for $600 and it'sretail price is 849 so I'd imagine the studio 6 running you around $700.

Dude, LOOK INTO THIS. I'm gonna tell you, my five string is one sweet mofo for slap, tapping, fingerstyle, the thing just all around sounds nice and feels like a custom made instrument. I've never really liked Korean made basses until I bought this thing and it's 20x better than my MIM jazz.
    If your looking for great upper register playability, this bass has got it, and it SINGS. The Lower register is just as good. Sweet low end, it's gonna get you past any style if your getting this 6 string. I'm stringing my non-studio elite 5 EADGC and it's got sweet action.

If your getting a six string, make sure it's got atleast a 35" scale neck, most likely your going to prefer a string through body, and this will probably give you the biggest bang for your buck. These models are a step up from the Stilleto Elites, hence, they are the 'studio' models, so this thing is gonna rock your cock when you play it man, I'm serious, there's no 6 string version of the non-studio ones, but I'd reccomend checking out the 5... I'm stringing with a high C and I'm making it by.

Check into some Peavey Cirrus's. They are like 1400 new, but they are pretty cheap used. Don't go on ebay. The heavier the bass, the better sound in my opinion.

I've heard good things about Dean, and I've played a decent Spector 6 that ran $599. I'd definetly go with Schecter though.

THe 6 string Ibanez BTB was OK, don't let the raving reviews catch the best of you, they were less magical than the Schecter, and the BTB is bolt-on.

Hope this helps. The Schecter Stilletos are some of the sweetest looking basses for the price, so they are giggable and plus the sound fits anything you demand.