1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

6 stringer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by emre03, Mar 29, 2001.

1. emre03

emre03

Sep 18, 2000
    Turkey,Istanbul
    I've posted some message named yamaha or musicman orcort.Well I was searching for a 5 string bass that time but now I'm going to buy a new bass and just wanted hear yoýur opinion about this one.I've decided to buy a yamaha trb-6-II.Do you think its a good idea to buy it and has anybody played this bass??????
    Thanx anyway

2. ytsebri

ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    Dallas
    I think you should go for it. TRB's rule.

3. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I have an origional TRB-6P and it is great. I think the II's are about the same.

They have the tightest low B string I have seen. Don't let the wide fret board scare you either, I adapted in just a couple of days.

you are gonna love it.

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've played the bass & it is one of the best Yamaha's on the market. I worked @ Sam Ash for almot 2 yrs & Yamaha's customer service is one of the worst of any company I've ever dealt with. If you deceide to go with one, I hope nothing goes wrong with it!!!

5. emre03

emre03

Sep 18, 2000
    Turkey,Istanbul
    First thing:thank you dudes
    2nd: costumer service???
    I don't how things work in U.S.A but in Turkey all the customer services sucks.Actually there is no customer services in my city!!!The only way I can get a customer service is that I go to istanbul(1.5 hours by plane[xpensive!] 15 hours by bus[boringg!!]) so ythere's no problem for me coz If there's anything wrong on the construction of the bass(which I think there won't be any problem coz I read about 40 comments about the bass and all says:"perfecto! never created any problems) I would just change it and get a perfect one and if there's aproblem or something that I don't like about the bass I have some luthier ffriends in istanbul which can make your bass PERFECT (by old washburn's neck plays like stingray!)
    So thanks dude