Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

6 strings bass FS/FT - TRADED

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by lionel, Aug 30, 2005.

1. lionel

lionel

Sep 3, 2003
    Guadeloupe - FWI
    Hi guyz

here's the masterpiece of my "bass collection"

JP basses Zia 6 strings

here are some pics :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry for the pics quality I'll try to take some better soon.

Now that I own 2 roscoes skb 3006 I don't play anymore my others basses , so this one is now for sale or for trade.

here are the specs :

Zia bass 6 strings
    spalted maple top
    alder body
    one piece flammed maple neck
    macassar ebony fingerboard
    2 JP pickups
    j. East preamp
    hipshot style A bridge
    Hipshot tuners
    strung with a brand new set of ken smith strings.

I'm the first owner (directly ordered from JP) and played 2 years with it as my main bass, very good condition (almost perfect)

this bass plays and sounds like a dream, those who had the chance to try a JP bass may know what I'm talking about :smug:. very comfortable neck, low action without any buzz and an incredible tone. also the bass is very well balanced and very light .

its hard to let her go but I would like to try somthing different so I would be interested in trade (for basses in the same range), feel free to make me your offer here on the thread or via Pm

For Sale price : 2300 US dollars (shipping is included anywhere in UsA/Europe/Asia)

About me: I had several deals here on talkbass that went smooth so I can provide serious references if asked.

Sorry for that long long long post !

Best regards

Lionel

2. lionel

lionel

Sep 3, 2003
    Guadeloupe - FWI
    I forgot to say that I 'm only after 5 and 6 strings basses (for a possible trade).

thanks for looking.

Cheers.

Lionel

3. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    This bass is so great!!! It's hard to believe you sell it...Life...

You should post JP's website pics and also soundclips and vids of it.

4. lionel

lionel

Sep 3, 2003
    Guadeloupe - FWI
    You know Jack, i'm not absolutely sure about selling this baby, it's a part of me . and it breaks my heart to have to do this, but I have to, I already own 6 basses and can't play them all, I hate to see such a wonderful instrument not to be played. I will regret it in the futur I'm sure, but hopefully JP will be able to build me another custom 14 strings bass of my dreams :D

and you're right I should post pics from Jp's (they're far better) and the vid I did with it, I'll do it later today.

thank you for your input. :)

Lionel

5. Sane

Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    :eek: Somehow I dont think the post title really does this bass justice... Id pick it up in a heartbeat, but alas after the breakdown I had last night after our lead player ... attacked my lakland's headstock with his headstock. I dont think I have the right enviroment for something like this atm. Well good luck, and I recommend picking this up from him now before he changes his mind.

Free Bump:)

6. mrphattay

mrphattay Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Hi Lionel
    PM being sent.

7. lionel

lionel

Sep 3, 2003
    Guadeloupe - FWI
    Thank you Sane :)

Reply sent mrphattay.

new pics, soundclips and vids are coming soon :smug:

lionel

8. lionel

lionel

Sep 3, 2003
    Guadeloupe - FWI
  9. josh66

josh66

Nov 23, 2001
    Stanford CA
    hi
    is this 34 inch scale? what are the preamp controls?
    thnks
    j

10. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    I think it's 34.

Preamps controls might be general volume, PU balance, Bass, Trebble, Tonality with bright switch and active/passive switch.

All details on the electronic parts on JP s website.

11. lionel

lionel

Sep 3, 2003
    Guadeloupe - FWI
    thanks for the reply Jack !

12. lionel

lionel

Sep 3, 2003
    Guadeloupe - FWI
    this bass is now traded ! :hyper:

Just to keep everybody informed :

She will leave home on Monday morning to go to NY at Talkbasser MrPhattay 's home.

this bass is traded for an Elrick platinum series evolution Hybrid that should reach my location on wednesday !

Cheers

lionel

13. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Congrats to the new JP owner :eek: You'll love JP basses :D

Lionel..now go buy another JP ;)

14. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Congrats on the Elrick.

Make sure to post some pics!

15. lionel

lionel

Sep 3, 2003
    Guadeloupe - FWI
    i'm sure in the futur I'll order another bass from Jp, but for now I have to discover many other luthier works before that !

thank you,

I'll post pics as soon as I'll get that baby at home and a little review after some hours of playing !

can't wait to test it ! :hyper:

16. mrphattay

mrphattay Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Thanks Lionel, for the trade & also thanks go out to the TB'ers that have offered their kind words. I anxiously await the JP's arrival.

Just a word about Lionel, especially to those that might have reservations about dealing with someone outside the U.S.:

Without a doubt, Lionel is the easiest guy to deal with out there. Period. No contest.
    He's very laid-back and low-key. Very Island Smooth. He's anxious to ensure that the transaction goes forward easily in a very transparent Manner, and will do what he can to ensure that it does. He's Very generous with his advise, as well.

As expected, Shipping will cost you a bit more to the FWI...but that's more than offset by the positive experience. This guy is a Home Run. I have every expectation that the JP being forwarded, is one as well. Peace.

17. lionel

lionel

Sep 3, 2003
    Guadeloupe - FWI
    Thanks a lot Bill for your kinds words ! You're also a great guy to deal with and it's a real pleasure to have business with you.

Hope you'll enjoy the Zia as much as I do , I just pray now for the shipping to go smooth. ;)

If some Jp owners/lovers can share their thoughts here about those basses, I'm sure it could help Bill to be patient :smug:

Cheers

Lionel

18. basstong

basstong

Jun 13, 2005
    Paris, France
    Nice deal Lionel & congrats to the both of you.

As a JP Basses owner all I can tell is they are everything a bass player could dream of...

19. lionel

lionel

Sep 3, 2003
    Guadeloupe - FWI
    Thank you for your input Luc ! :)