1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

6 Strings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gopher Bob, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    i want to get a 6 string in the near future to play around with and see how i like it. Whats a good, not too expensive 6 string that is worth the money?

2. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I picked up an Ibanez SDGR 6 for 800 bucks (that's in Canadian dollars, eh, which aren't worth poop right now). I'm fairly certain that you can't get a 6-string for cheaper than that, unless you buy parts and assemble it yourself.

On the whole it's a pretty decent bass - just like most mid-priced basses. Plays and looks nice, okay fretwork, mediocre electronics.

Cort, Samick and Yamaha are a few others that make 6's in this price range, although there are many more.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

The Soundgear 6 isn't that great, I own one of them, and never play it.

3 others close to the same price that are much better are the Ibanez BTB406, the Cort Artisan 6 and the Cort Curbow 6. Another one that you can't try in stores but I've heard a lot of good things about is the Tobias Toby Pro 6, which is available at www.musicyo.com