6 strings?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by slapthosestrings, Aug 26, 2000.

1. slapthosestrings

Aug 26, 2000
    okay, i find this funny becuase i remember when i just first started playing bass, i had the same thing happen to me. I went over to a friends house and he had just got a new bass and he wanted me to jam with him for a few. so i said ok. he wips out his bass and starts showing me the star spangaled banner. he messes up a few times and always says " hold on... um, wait " , and it has gotten to a huge habit for him. so i ask him if i can play sumthing, and i start playing sum primus and on a rest , he whispers to himself in the funniest way " hold on..." and i started cracking up, because it reminded of me when i just started and his habit, reply if anybody had any other similar thing happen.
  2. GK Growl

GK Growl

Dec 31, 2011
    Oh yeah, many times the same thing has happened. There was this one time I was showing this guy a riff, and in the middle of it I said, "hold on....wait" because I couldn't remember it. Then there was this other time when some dude was showing me this bassline, and he was like, "sorry....hold on, I can't remember that part...."

Good times.