1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

6?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Classical_Thump, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    I am soon to buy a six string, most likely fretless and I want a bass with really great playability, as well as fretless sound. I am leaning currently towards Carvin, because they best suit my budget (up to $2000). I was wondering which Carvin had the best six-string playability and sound, the XB76, the LB76, or the IC6? I like the Icons, but I kind of wanted Koa wood, which leads me to a slight situation. Any help is appreciated, and I am open to any other suggestions. Thanks a lot.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Not well rehearsed in the Carvin area, but i like your choice of Koa.

3. get the LB76F great fretless sound and great playability, get the tung oil neck finsih, its worth every penny, makes it soo smooth

4. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Matt Morgan has a beautiful Roscoe SKB-3006 fretless in the for sale section. I have a fretted SKB-3006 for sale.

5. All of Carvin's 6 string necks are the same, so playability shouldn't differ from model to model. The Icon and BB series basses will balance better because they have longer upper horns than the LB series.

As far as sound goes, I'd say go with the new soapbars. IMO they're much better than any of the older pickup options. You can get them on any 6 but the Icon has the advantage of a mid sweep, if you want that.

And if you want an Icon in Koa, call and ask about it. I've seen them do much stranger things.