1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD ***$600 Blowout Customer MIJ Green Lucite Mockingbird by Fernandes custom shop.***

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by j.kernodle, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j.kernodle

j.kernodle Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    This is the bass that always gets "wows" from anyone that plays or hears it. I had another thread open for this, but it got pretty huge so I'm posting again with a rock bottom price to get it moving. For $600 plus shipping you get a boutique quality bass that puts out monster tone and turns heads like no other.

The bass has block inlays with some sort of japenese characters, as far as I know it was a one off. It has two EMG P pickups with a single volume control. The build quality is boutique quality with super tight tolerances. The neck is 3 piece quartersawn maple with impeccable fretwork and rolled edges. The board is either pau ferro or really nice grade rosewood. If its rosewood, the grain is the tightest I've ever seen, it feels almost like ebony. Comes with a custom fit, blue velvet interior case.

As far as imperfections, there isn't much, some light surface swirling, a little chip in the clear speed knob for volume, and a single small ding in the back of the neck that I can't get to show up in photos.

DSC_0007.

DSC_0009-1.

DSC_0012-2.

Tons More Photos Here

2. XsSpeed

XsSpeed

Sep 14, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Interested in any trades?

3. j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    bump

4. shrigg

shrigg Beta Tester for AudioKinesis Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Traverse City, MI
    Awesome bass! What does something like this weigh?

5. j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    hey shrigg it's just short of 11 lbs. lucite basses are notoriously stout but this one is relatively reasonable.

6. j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    look. it lights up when you put a flashlight behind it!

6D96864B-099E-4DB7-9340-8B687DC98428-4101-0000032B165B730E_zps2bbff251.

7. bobunit

bobunit I'm here. Now what? Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    Killer!

8. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Any interest in trades? This is pretty unique and I wouldn't mind trying it out.

9. j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Tuesday bump!

10. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    This pretty little thing is coming my way!!! This is my second time dealing with Jim and am real happy. Cool dude and hope the chance to deal again will come up in the future. Really looking forward to ripping it up as soon as I get it.

11. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

And it was played on an episode of the TV show House!:bag::D

Cool bass and Jim is great to deal with.

12. j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    haha, I get that comparison a lot. yep off to chris. I will miss it, but it's going to a good owner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.