Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

600 canadian

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    So I need to buy a new amp for under 600 Canadian

I was thinking the Behringer UB BX3000T.

I need help on a cab.

But what about combos

Behringer BX1200
    Yorkville BassMaster XM100 Bass
    SWR Working man's 10
    Fender rumble 100

I do plan on gigging soon.

thanks jim :hyper:

2. Bigwig

Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Grimcity
    yorkvilles got some awesome stuff for amazing prices...
    check out the xm200 or xm200t...i was seriously looking into one.

3. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Save up another $100 and buy a Yorkville Bassmaster XM200(t).
    They're very loud, and with an extension speaker they can fill a good portion of a city street before it even starts to fade away.

4. When you start gigging, will you be pluging into a PA? This will help you determine if you want 100watts, 200 or 1000 watts.
    As a preface, I think it is important to try out different rigs with your bass. Most amps are "coloured" and may not produce that magical sound you hear inside your head!

I found the Yorkville line to ge pretty good. I prefered the 1x15 combo over the 2x10! Their quality has gone up, but then again so have their prices.

I personaly have the Ampeg BA115, which I love. try one out, and if you like it, I am not adverse to selling you mine... I have a big rig now, and use the BA115 once in a while. PM me if you want to talk about it.

Good luck with your search grasshopper :cool:

5. ironreverend

ironreverend

Jun 30, 2004
    I agree on the Yorkvilles for sure, and recommend trying to score one from a music store that rents them out and try to buy one of the rental units, so you can maybe get something closer to the top end for cheaper. What kind of gigs are you planning on getting? bars and the like?

6. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Yeah the yorkville sounds good to me. I've play it once or twice, I liked the "cleanness" of the tone. It looks really loud, and I like it more because you can add another cab to it, when the time comes.

As for gigs small things like friends parties and stuff. I'm still in high school.

I just gotta get to the guitar store.

7. I would look at a rig with at least 200 watts :eek: