1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

$600 price class heads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by volumefiend, Aug 7, 2004.

1. GK 700RB-II

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Peavy MAX 700

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. SWR Workingman's 8004

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Yorkville BM400H

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  5. Carvin B1500

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. Which head would you choose in the ~$600 range?

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I've owned the GK for 8 months now and it's an amazing head. Tons of power, tons of growl, great EQ can do just about anything. It's an incredible amplifier.

3. i had the yorkville BM400 head for about a year untill it got stolen. i liked it, but i didn't like haing the equalizer on it because i would get an awesome tone/sound comming out then id move it for a show and i could never get it back. id suggest if your using can.dollars, save an extra 200$ like i did and get the new XS400 head. i hink persoanlly its a much nicer head and better bang for your buck.

when y BM40 was stolen i alsmot got another one cause they were nly 400$ but i tried this new XS400and i love it.

kyle

4. Yossarian

Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia
    I've had the Peavey Max 700 about a month, I LOVE it. It sounds great, absolutely great. In exchange for the great sound, however, it weighs about 54 pounds. Which sucks. If you don't mind the weight, I think it blows all the others away.

GK 700RB-II would be my next vote though. If anyone cares.

5. TRAYNOR YBA200!!!!!!!!!

6. I bought the Carvin B1500 about a month ago, and I love it! Very easy to dial in a great tone. It dosent sound like an amp in the $600-$700 price range, definetly more high end. It will put out 700 watts at 8 ohms and 1250 W at 4 ohms. Ive played it through the Carvin brx10 and an Avatar 410 (both 8 ohm), and it sounds great with both. I can get a real clean clear sound, or a more aggressive Ampeg-ish sound with a turn of a couple of knobs. Very versatile.