Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

$600 price class heads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by volumefiend, Aug 7, 2004.

1. GK 700RB-II

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Peavy MAX 700

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. SWR Workingman's 8004

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Yorkville BM400H

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  5. Carvin B1500

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. Which head would you choose in the ~$600 range?

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I've owned the GK for 8 months now and it's an amazing head. Tons of power, tons of growl, great EQ can do just about anything. It's an incredible amplifier.

3. i had the yorkville BM400 head for about a year untill it got stolen. i liked it, but i didn't like haing the equalizer on it because i would get an awesome tone/sound comming out then id move it for a show and i could never get it back. id suggest if your using can.dollars, save an extra 200$ like i did and get the new XS400 head. i hink persoanlly its a much nicer head and better bang for your buck.

when y BM40 was stolen i alsmot got another one cause they were nly 400$ but i tried this new XS400and i love it.

kyle

4. Yossarian

Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia
    I've had the Peavey Max 700 about a month, I LOVE it. It sounds great, absolutely great. In exchange for the great sound, however, it weighs about 54 pounds. Which sucks. If you don't mind the weight, I think it blows all the others away.

GK 700RB-II would be my next vote though. If anyone cares.

5. TRAYNOR YBA200!!!!!!!!!

6. I bought the Carvin B1500 about a month ago, and I love it! Very easy to dial in a great tone. It dosent sound like an amp in the $600-$700 price range, definetly more high end. It will put out 700 watts at 8 ohms and 1250 W at 4 ohms. Ive played it through the Carvin brx10 and an Avatar 410 (both 8 ohm), and it sounds great with both. I can get a real clean clear sound, or a more aggressive Ampeg-ish sound with a turn of a couple of knobs. Very versatile.