Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

60's Classic Jazz MIM Reissue Rout question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 79PBass, Dec 16, 2005.

1. 79PBass

79PBass

Mar 7, 2005
    Hi all

Do you know if theres is the big routing between the neck PU and the control cavity on the MIM classic 60's Jazz reissue?

( I'm considering buying one and removing the pickguard , Jaco style, if it doesn't have this big rout under the pickguard like current MIA jazz have )

Thanks in advance

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I have removed mine and there is no route but mine is a solid colour so it looks a bit odd but on sunburst it will be ace :bassist:

3. [​IMG]

as you can see there is a screw in the middle of the pickguard which has gotta mean that it isn't hollow under there.. unless the screw can screw in to thin air :O

4. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    There is no route under the pickguard.....

5. 79PBass

79PBass

Mar 7, 2005
    ok thanks for your answers, so you really mean no route AT ALL under the pickguard? just like on the jaco bass?

6. yep should be like that

7. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Just like the Jaco bass......

8. yup. I ahve one, sunburst, no rout. removed the pickguard. love it like that.

9. 79PBass

79PBass

Mar 7, 2005
    thanks all... just got my new 60's JB... ;-) plays really well , the neck is so smooth.

I'm quite impressed by the pickups also, they sound really great

Have to admit this Mex feels better than the MIA '04 I sold recently...