1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale 60s German Meisel Ply

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Vince_P9, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Vince_P9

Vince_P9 Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Hudson Valley New York
    Price:
    $1500.00
    Strings:
    Hello TB,

Up for sale is my 3/4 size German plywood bass. It has had 0 repairs during my several years of ownership.

It's a solid thumper, set up with Spirocore S42s at a low string height of 5mm-8mm, G to E respectively. The fingerboard has a Bromberg bevel for the E string. The bass has a dowel going through the neck heel which is a common repair for ply basses. The inside label reads "made in West Germany" which I believe dates the bass to the 60s. It is a round back, but transitions to a flat-back near the middle of the upper bouts. Cosmetically the bass shows some wear due to it's age, though it was some nice figure on the sides and back. The fingerboard has plenty of meat on it, I believe it's Jatoba or something similar, the neck is of a comfortable thickness to play.

I installed a new endpin and 3/32 steel cable tailpiece wire on the bass.

Eb neck, 41.5" string length. This would fit the bill nicely for any player looking for a great sounding ply bass with some vintage mojo.

Bass is located in the Hudson Valley, near Poughkeepsie.

More photos and information available on request!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    jmain likes this.