1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

60's Gibson EBO

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bigtexashonk, Oct 10, 2005.

1. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

I've got a mid-60's cherry Gibson EBO (single pickup SG style short scale) I've had since high school - not in perfect condition, but very good - it even still has the finger rest and chrome string cover with the original case. I've come to the realization that while it's a cool bass, I'm probably not going to be playing it. Just too much bottom end mud for what I've been playing. So I'm thinking about selling it for something I would use like a Sadowsky or Lakland.

Questions:

1 - The neck does need a re-set. Should I have this done in advance or leave it for the future owner to have done to his specs by a luthier of his choice?

2 - What's a decent asking price for a vintage bass like this one? I know if it was a Fender it would be worth a ton more, but I really don't have any idea of it's worth.

It is signed on the front by Jack Bruce and on the back by the late Allan Woody. Authentic sigs because I "procured" them myself. Maybe with all the Cream Reunion hoopla might go for a bit more?

Thoughts?