SOLD 60's Lawsuit KAY S/G or EBO style, short scale...Soooper kool!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MasterBass!, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! In Memoriam

*** SOLD ***

This is (I believe) a mid 60's MIJ Kay short-scale bass, probably one of their SB series by Teisco.

The pickup sounds great, woody, fat, and has really nice treble response. The electronics work as they should with NO unwanted noise...electronics are amazingly quiet! Pots are absolutely quiet and provide a great difference of tone.

The neck is ivory bound and has ivory oval fret markers. The fretboard looks great, and the frets appear to have almost zero wear on them...bright and shiney. Truss rod works smooth and is located on the heel. The nut is 1.5" and the neck feels like a downsized Jazz Bass. The tuners work very smoothly, and it has an original string retainer bar. The action is very low and easy, and there is still more adjustment to go even lower...although I doubt you'd want it to finger any easier than it already does.

It looks to be pretty original and complete. Nicks and scratches are pretty minimal, and it will probably clean up nicely. Its not perfect, but its very respectable.These short-scale basses are an absolute blast to play!!

$275 please....SHIPPED FREE conus. No case but I'll use lot's 'o bubbles for the trip.

Swap for a Fender P or J and maybe add some cash to you.

2. MasterBass!

2 more:

3. This should not last

4. MasterBass!

Now you sound like my wife.....:meh:

5. rfclef

rfclef

Jan 19, 2007
    Gervais, Oregon
    Digging this... Do not need a bass now, but this is one of those basses I'd buy anyway... OUghtta go quick...

6. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
    Probably the cleanest one of these I've ever seen.

GLWS.

7. MasterBass!

It's a short scale...and weighs 7.5 lbs!!

8. MasterBass!

*** SOLD *** and heading to Ohio....thanks TONY!!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.