1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

60's pre CBS Fender Jazz owners.....need your help!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by g4string, Oct 12, 2013.

1. g4string

g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Guys/girls.....

Need your help getting some specs on a mid 60's Fender j neck (w/ 7.25 radius). If anybody has a pre CBS and a pair of dial calipers.......PLEASE HELP ME:hyper::help::bassist:

What I am looking for is.....the thickness at the 1st and 12th fret (dont include fret....just take the measurement directly before or after the fret)

Thanks....that is all. END/

2. dmk

dmk

Jan 8, 2005
    San Diego, CA
  3. g4string

g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Thx.

4. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    .789in at the 1st .988in at the 12th
    slab board 62 jazz.
    looks like its slightly thicker at the 12th than gil's measurements

5. g4string

g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Hmmmm. My A Bass (predecessor to Daryl Jones) is .80 at the 1st and .875 at 12. It's thin and flat. I thought Alby's DJ's were somewaht of a throwback to his original 65 jazz. Intersting to see the difference in neck spec. I thought my Alby neck was somewhat of clone to a pre CBS jazz....but now I see Alby was kinda doing his own spin.

6. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    ive never played any old fender jazzes that had neck that were flat feeling. theyve all been round C's with varying depths.