1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

60s Vintage Roth Fiberglass For Trade

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by WilliamJames, Aug 28, 2012.

1. WilliamJames

WilliamJames

Mar 2, 2011
    Seller of Hand-Knit Strap Pads
    I have an awesome old fiberglass Roth that I dearly love but have out grown. Not to be confused with Roth-Finch, this is the earlier white model. Made in USA in the early 60s (from what I can gather)

I've been playing on this bass for almost two years and it has done me well. Sound is good despite what some tone snobs will tell you and the thing is just cool.

The reason for my ad is that I need a more playable bass. The neck is slightly warped so that the strings are higher than I'd like. Its not crazy bad, around half an inch at the first D on the A string with the best setup. A more advanced player may have no problem with it. Like I said I've been playing it for a while and its been this way all along.

I play multiple instuments including bass in a folk group and am being asked to play higher up the neck occaisionally, which is very difficult for me with this bass. The action has me limited to the lower positions physically.

I can't afford the repair on the neck as I am a working man supporting a young family, therefore the trade...willing to consider a trade for any bass that has a good action.

I will post pics as soon as I can but am on my phone now, pc went kapowee. I am fifteen minutes from Hartford Ct and about an hour and a half from NYC.

Thanks and hope someone is interested

2. WilliamJames

WilliamJames

Mar 2, 2011
  3. There's a lot here to make me shake my head, but I'll just say ads without a price are prohibited.

4. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northeast OH
    Unless it's strictly for trade, which I believe is the OP's intent.

5. WilliamJames

WilliamJames

Mar 2, 2011
    I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean. I am only looking to trade for a more easily playable bass and am within the rules to my knowledge. The bass is up for trade only

6. WilliamJames

WilliamJames

Mar 2, 2011
    Yes it is, thank you.

7. Hmmm... The posted policies that I found don't absolutely clarify this, but you might be right.

8. rsambo

rsambo

Nov 12, 2012
    Hawaii
    Sorry I'm waaay late in the game, WilliamJames. Your white fiberglass still available?

9. WilliamJames

WilliamJames

Mar 2, 2011
    Yes it is, do you have an offer?