1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

60th Anniv Fender American Highway One P Bass Precision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shadyru, Mar 18, 2008.

1. shadyru

shadyru

Mar 18, 2008
    I can't find much information on the 2006 60th anniversary model American made Highway One P Bass Precision. How much did these go for new? How much would be a good price for them now -used? I need a passive P bass for recording and want to know your guys thoughts on this specific model?

2. There was a Highway One version of the Anniversary Edition?

I have the American Series one, and I'll say that having vintage pickups already installed is a definite plus.

3. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Yup, they made 'em. I own one. It has a thin satiny kind of finish to it. It is supposed to let the wood resonate and age nicer etc etc. Point is that I guess a lot of people did not like the finish and preferred a glossy finish (at least that is what I was told) so they discontinued the finish and now are back to using the regular finish. i personally love the finish and the whole bass for that matter. I got mine on clearance at the end of the model year with a fender soft gig bag for 599 brand new at GC. New they go for about 900.00-950.00 The buy it now price with a hard case sounds pretty good. In fact if it was a Jazz bass I would buy it myself.

Also not sure if it's the anniversary edition only or what but it has a graphite reinforced neck.all in all it's a great bass. in fact mine is the same color. Hope that helps.

Paul

4. Looks like a regular Highway One. They might have put that 60th Anniversary sticker at the back of the headstock on all the guitars made in '06, it seems.

Not sure on price. Not too keen on what a used H1 should go for.

5. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL

FWIW the Highway One is an Amerian made bass

6. I was talking about the 60th Anniversary P Bass. And, AFAIK, there was only a MIM Standard, and a MIA American Series one that had the slight anointments.

7. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    If highway one is MIA... $600 something ain't too shabby.

I think you got yourself a decent deal there mate. :)

8. shadyru

shadyru

Mar 18, 2008
    I thought i did enough research but I feel like I got a terrible deal because brand new they seem to be going for a few dollars more...unless the 60th anniversary highway one precision is different than the other highway one precisions??

9. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
  10. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I just checked www.guitarcenter.com, and it looks like they are going for 799.00 but thats without the hard case. regardless of the price all I can add is that it's a great sounding and playing bass.

11. shadyru

shadyru

Mar 18, 2008
    Would you guys have gone with the one I bought or a MIM Fender 50's P-Bass for around $500? Just want to know your thoughts. Thx

12. emesen

emesen

Jan 3, 2007
    Lake Forest, Ca
    I have a 07 highway one that I really like. Dropped some antiquity II pick ups in and it really growls. Paid $650 slightly used on ebay back in december. It's a great bass n records pretty well.

Ploonter likes this.
  13. The H1 was probably a better choice.

14. EnderZ13

EnderZ13

Feb 19, 2007
    Utopia, Jersey
    EXACTLY. They were and are just regular models with the 60th ann. plate on it. No different than any other model and will probably sound the same. Com'on its a P bass how much different is it gonna sound.

15. As I said earlier, the American Series ones came with '62 pickups installed. I think the Standard ones had American Series pickups installed.

Take that how you will.

16. shadyru

shadyru

Mar 18, 2008
    Would you guys recommend swapping out the pu for recording? Or is it solid enough?

17. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I would agree. As far as I know the MIM did not have the graphite reinforced neck either.

You are also correct they are the same pups as the American Standard series. Which are different/better IMO than the ones on Standard P bass which is a Mexican made bass

18. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I found it to be a decent solid sounding pickup. However I will say that I read great reviews on Stan Hinesley from HAS sound's Mojo P pickup so I bought one and put it in and it's the best sounding P pickup I have ever heard. I suppose it's more preference than anything. The stock pickup is perfectly usable though.

19. shadyru

shadyru

Mar 18, 2008
    Looks like the one I bought comes with 1 Vintage Alnico Spilit Single Coil P Bass (this is passive correct?)

and the MIM 50s precision comes with Split "P" single coil.