1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

610 build

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Coolhandjjl, Feb 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    I am considering a sealed 610 build. Lots of 410s are one big chamber, but the 810s are 4 chambers. Not planing on one big chamber, but are 3 chambers really necessary? To make the build easier and get a lighter cab, I was thinking about 2 chambers with a vertical divider. Or does the number of drivers per chamber contribute to voicing? (I'm not concerned about bracing or strength, I got all that covered.)

mbelue likes this.
  2. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    I'm not an expert but I believe that the only benefit from separate chambers in a sealed cab with identical drivers would be the added stiffness from the dividers, and that can easily be achieved at much lighter weight with cross braces rather than solid panels.

rogypop likes this.
  3. I lean towards individual chambers for each speaker.
    Yes, that's right, a vertical 6x10, composed of six 1x10s.
    Wow ! The structure would be six feet tall !
    Cap it off with a micro amp.
    Call it good.

4. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    One could still do individual chambers and maintain a 3 driver tall by 2 driver wide form factor. In addition to damping on the rear panel that all configurations have, each driver now gets its own damping on all four sides, so I'm wondering if some voicing does change from 1 large chamber to 2, to 3, all the way to 6 individual chambers?