1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

62' and 51' Fender P-basses now with covers!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by monoBEAR, Mar 14, 2008.

1. monoBEAR

monoBEAR

Feb 23, 2008
    Indiana 812
    i ordered the pickup and bridge covers for my 62 and 51 p-basses and they came in yesterday. a friend of mine and myself put them on last night. man, it is amazingly crazy how much nicer those covers make those basses look.

my 62 had the red tortise shell pickguard which i wasn't too crazy about so, i changed it out and put a black one on there. so, now it's sunburst with a black guard and chrome bridge and pickup covers. looks badass!!

2. Pics? I'd put a bridge cover on my 51 P but the pup cover would only get in my way.

3. Cool! Let's see some pics.
    I recently ditched the Badass II bridge on my P-bass and got a standard Fender bridge so I could add the bridge cover. I took the covers off last night to tweak the action and the bass looks cool without the covers, too. But, they definitely give it more mojo.
    Since this photo was taken, I added a thumbrest.

P2240544.

4. monoBEAR

monoBEAR

Feb 23, 2008
    Indiana 812
    i'll get some pics up soon. but yeah, thats what my 62 looks like only mine has the black pickguard instead of the red tortoise shell guard. yours looks damn nice!

5. Thanks! That's a '62 RI Jazz neck on there, too. Best of both worlds. It rules.

6. monoBEAR

monoBEAR

Feb 23, 2008
    Indiana 812
    yeah, that looks nice. i'm not crazy about jazz basses because of the bodies but i love the necks. so, i'd say you made a great call on that one.

7. Just out of curiosity: Did the bridge swap make any tone difference?

8. tonal difference... only if you put the felt pieces on the bridge...

9. Not a whole lot. To my ears, the Badass II sounds a little "zingier", with more sustain. With the Fender bridge, it sounds like a P-bass. And it still has enough sustain for most applications. Personally, I'm not looking for a ton of sustain, especially because I'm probably going to put flatwounds on this bass pretty soon.

10. DutchDude

DutchDude

Sep 12, 2007
    Huh? I thought the covers where included with the '62 RI? I saw one at my local musicstore and that one had the covers on it

11. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
    They come in the package but it's up to you if you wanna drill the holes and install em.

12. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Someone posted this bass (as in NOT MINE) in the SX thread, and IMO, it's the best looking one i've seen.

DSC_0036b.

13. DutchDude

DutchDude

Sep 12, 2007
    I think that would look cool with a blocked maple neck too.