1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

'62 jazz bass stacked knobs on a precision bass?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Tommygunn, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    I was wondering if I could do that and the pups not be jazz pups? I was thinking a pbass with a MusicMan humbucker bridge pup, would this work? I would like the output to stay were it is instead of on the side of the bass. Any info will help!!!

2. robert43

robert43

Jun 5, 2007
    Australia
    No reason why I couldnt be done.
    If you want a wiring diag see my reply to 2 vol 2 tone of google 62 jaxx bass fender.
    I have done it ( 4 pots but the same ), a P with a MM pickup it works nice but I wanted a Jazz bass so I had to sell it.

3. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Ok Thx that realy helps I have the wire dieagram but I wasn't sure if the wires would be compadable with a split coil

4. StrungGutz

StrungGutz Banned

Apr 6, 2009
    I also did it in a P with an EB-0 humbucker at the neck (two stacked knobs, 250k on top of 500k)

5. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Sounds very nice pm me some pics, sounds very billy sheehan-ish (thats a good thing)

I am really thinking about it... how much does the kit (pots, knobs, wires ect) cost?$$$

I don't even have a p bass yet but I am gunna do this!!!