1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

62 mph Skateboard

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ErikP.Bass, Sep 11, 2008.

1. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004

2. Kyon`

Kyon`

Aug 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    And I thought I was daring on my longboard XD.

3. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    Haha professional stuntman? Wow. COPYCATS? even more wow. This is a real worldwide sport with competitions around the world.. And it's what I like to do on weekends, although not that fast.

And they were saying he was endangering traffic, WHILE they showed a clip of him pulling off to the side to let cars pass. Amazing.

4. Speed Limit on Skateboard is 50 Kmph....

5. that looks like wicked fun!

6. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    I was never much for going fast on my board.

7. I like the reporter/announcers accent.

8. playinpearls

playinpearls

Apr 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    when we were young and very stupid, my friend was pulled behind a car on his longboard at 75 mph. luckily we didn't hit any bumps, and it was like 3 in the morning so no cars were around. The more I think about it, the more stupid i realize he was...lol

9. I'd say, I get the fear when I get near 25-30mph.

10. lols imagine if he hit a rock or a twig, he be hurtin sum bad

11. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Stupid. But cool.

12. I longboard like that, but I haven't hit those speeds yet. If you do notice, he is wearing full armored body leathers (the same kind that guys wear in MOTO GP) and a full face helmet. It would hurt if he wiped out, but it wouldn't be that bad. I wiped out doing 40ish with no pads or helmet, that hurt and I have some nasty road rash. Now when I hit those speeds I wear pads and a helmet.

lowsound

13. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    Back when I was a giant noob I fell down at only 20-25mph trying to carve down a way too steep hill, and I still have the road rash scar from it. Doesn't take much speed to get massive road rash.

14. No it doesn't, that is why you wear pads/leather. Both is better. I have a racing jacket for my motorcycle, but I don't know if I want to wear it for longboarding. There is a much higher chance that I will wipe out on my longboard and I like my jacket to look nice. I have been thinking of buying a full leather suit next spring when everything is on sale at the motorcycle shops.

lowsound

15. HashbrownCOBM

HashbrownCOBM

May 6, 2008
    Man those trucks had to have been rock tight no play at ALL. DEATH WOBBLE!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! That was nuts.

16. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    Well that's kind of what the jacket's for, and would you sacrifice your skin to keep your jacket looking nice?

17. I haven't been hitting speeds where I want leather yet, pads are fine. Might look for something used, always guys selling off old racing stuff.

lowsound

18. Am i the only one who noticed from that video the speed limit for skateboards in Germany is 50 kilcks and hour?