Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

62 reissue P bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rick Rice, May 26, 2002.

1. I've been in the market for a P bass recently and have tried a couple of 62 reissues , a 2000 and a 2001 model. My question is about the neck profile, my purchase may have to be an internet one due to availability in the used market in my area. Are all 62 reissue P necks the same regardless of year? Also any help with the A,B,and C neck terms I've seen used regarding fender basses would help clear up some confusion for me. The point is that the 2000 model I played but (couldn't seem make a deal on) felt great, wide fingerboard and relativley flat on the back of the neck. For some reason the nos 2001 model felt different, maybe it was just the set up . Any 62 reissue owners info would be appreciated. And is it true the neck has to be removed to adjust truss rod ?

2. nivagues

nivagues

Jan 18, 2002
    Rick,

"Bass Player" magazine July/August 1993 did a good article titled 'Fender Bass Necks - Separating Fact From Fantasy'. If you can't get a copy let me know, by email, and I'll send you one.

Cheers.

3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Rick,

Yep, it's true...you gotta remove the neck to adjust the truss rod on the Reissue P and J basses. It's a pretty common thing to find these with a hosed up pickguard because somebody tried to do it without removing the neck.

I'm not sure about the neck size thing...I've owned one and played several and they all seemed pretty much the same to me. But, given Fender's penchant for widely varying neck profiles, I'd say it's very possible.

If you buy from a reputable online seller, they'd let you have a short approval period.