Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'62 Vintage Reissue P-bass Owners...HELP!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mchildree, Jan 12, 2001.

1. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Can I ask a favor of any '62 Reissue P-bass owners out there? Could you send me (or post them) your year of manufacture and serial number if you own one of the US Vintage reissues? I have a couple and have just bought one that I suspect has been assembled from parts..the serial number (among other things) just doesn't jive with other similar basses from the '80s I've seen. I'd like to get an idea whether or not this serial places it "in the right ballpark".

2. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    There is a guy named Bill Bolton from "down under" that is the Fender serial number guru. He has been amassing Fender serial #'s for quite a few years and should be able to put you on the right track. I'm pretty sure you can find several of his post on the FDP (Fender Discussion Page). I think that the URL is http://www.FDP.com but you may want to do a search if that's not right.

3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Yep, already talked with Bill. We've both been on The Bottom Line for years, so I'm familiar with his serial number data. He did have some input.