64 & 66 Jazzes at Samash

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tim1, Sep 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    Unusual to see vintage 64 and 66 Js at a mass market store. $7499-00. If I lived in the USA I might be tempted to have a look, but they do not provided important pics such as neck date, pots and pickups etc.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    If it's the NYC store, Larry Hartke runs the bass dept so he gets some pretty special basses in there from time to time.

gkbass13 likes this.
  3. Really! Larry Hartke works at Sam ash!? Times are tougher than I thought. Haha

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Heh! Nah, he can still afford his Rolling Rock :D

5. I hope he's not drinking that swill. Here in the great NW we rock and roll with high octane gourmet Ales!

6. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    Larry is awesome! I'm not a big fan of his amps, but walking into the Manhattan Sam Ash and seeing him is pretty special. The dude is a total rock star.

Before they changed locations, I spent a whole afternoon there with him trying or basses through Aguilar gear. He was completely impartial and humble, and even let me play some of his personal Hartke basses and vintage fenders. Insanely cool guy!

Regarding the OP, those stores get pretty insane vintage get from time to time and the big store footprint allows for some nice financing options that could potentially put it in used car reach regarding payments.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021