SOLD 64 Fender Custom Shop Jazz Relic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by red_rhino, Dec 9, 2014.

1. red_rhino

red_rhino Currently on Double Secret Probation Gold Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2001
    Over Macho Grandé
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale is my ’64 Fender Custom Shop Jazz Relic. I purchased this on consignment from a local music store in 2011. The bass was built in 2007.

This bass simply sounds and plays amazing. Normally I’m not a fan of relic’d instruments. But the moment I first picked up and played this bass, any reservations I had about that went right out the window. Just a spectacular example of the classic jazz bass. I’ve since had it set up with light gauge D’Addario Flex Steels (95-40), and it slaps like a monster, and still punches hard finger style.

I would characterize the relic job itself as being light to medium. Some of it is pretty subtle, and doesn’t even show up in the photos. (For example, there is some light finish checking on the back that you can only see at an angle under direct light.) However, the CS did over-relic the bridge saddles, and the luthier I took it to for setup had to relic a new bridge in order to properly set the intonation. I will include the original bridge, but you’ll never be able to see a difference between the two.

Includes hardshell case, hang tag, case candy, CS certificate, and extras shown in photo.

Weight: 8.4

Price is $1,995 shipping in the CONUS. Not interested in trades. Money order only, no PayPal.

Thanks for looking.
    -Alan

64CSJazzRelic01.jpg 64CSJazzRelic04.jpg 64CSJazzRelic05.jpg 64CSJazzRelic06.jpg 64CSJazzRelic09.jpg 64CSJazzRelic10.jpg 64CSJazzRelic12.jpg 64CSJazzRelic13.jpg 64CSJazzRelic17.jpg

Mastermold and sanwin17 like this.
  2. rigorous bass

rigorous bass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Wow! This one's a steal for sure!

pacojas likes this.
  3. red_rhino

Jan 26, 2001
    Over Macho Grandé
    On hold.

4. rigorous bass

rigorous bass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Good, cause I was trying to figure out my funds to get this one.

5. red_rhino

Jan 26, 2001
    Over Macho Grandé
    And sold.