1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale 65 Amps Apollo 50 Watt Tube Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mccak287, Jan 7, 2017.

1. mccak287

mccak287

Feb 22, 2009
    New Jersey
    Price:
    $1100
    *PRICE DROP*

I dropped the price down to $1100 plus shipping. Let me know if you have any questions.

This is a great 50 watt all tube head by 65 Amps. I'm sad to see it go but I don't have the space for it anymore. I've used it on lots of recordings and a couple of tours. It's missing one of the chicken head knobs but otherwise it's in really good condition. I can either ship the head in the box it came in or for $100 more I can include a tour supply generic head case that I was using with it.

Based on a favorite bass amp model from the '60s and '70s, the Apollo offers some essential enhancements that make it more reliable and useable for the modern bassist. In addition to the normal Treble and Bass tone stack associated with vintage amps, Apollo has as 3-way 'Pad' switch that adjusts the input levels to accommodate modern basses with active electronics (a shortcoming of all vintage amps). These settings make it suitable for rock, vintage, funk, slap, modern, jazz and beyond.

The bandwidth switch adds to the Apollo's versatility, with a 'Normal' setting that limits the frequency response for an accurate vintage tone and a 'Full' setting that expands the Bass and Treble frequencies for the sound of industry standard high-powered amps. Stocked with a uniquely modified Mercury Magnetics transformer packs a surprisingly solid punch in its compact size. The result is an unexpectedly powerful and musical tool for bass players of all types. Built with 65amp's usual panache and intelligent design, the Apollo eliminates the servicing nightmares players often experience when taking some popular tube bass amps on the road.

Apollo 50W Tube Bass Amp Head

Output: 50 Watts
    Tubes: Two 6SL7 preamp tubes, two 6L6 output tubes, rectifier 5AR4
    Panel controls: Bass, Treble and Volume controls; Pad, Half and Normal output controls; Full and Normal controls
    Extras: Passive effects loop, two-button footswitch jack, dual speaker outs, switch for 8Ω & 16Ω impedance
    Cabinet: Finger-jointed Baltic birch
    Dimensions: Head: 24.75' W x 8.5' D x 10.5' H
    Weight in box: Head: 29 lbs
    FullSizeRender-2. FullSizeRender-3.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    Mpacificar and SactoBass like this.
  2. mccak287

mccak287

Feb 22, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'm open to offers in this guy. I hate to see it go but it's not getting the use that it deserves these days.

3. mccak287

mccak287

Feb 22, 2009
    New Jersey
    I have someone interested in just the cabinet. Any interest in only the head?

4. mccak287

mccak287

Feb 22, 2009
    New Jersey
    I edited this thread because the cabinet has been sold but the head is still up for grabs!

Kyle