1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD '65 Gibson EB-0

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by baba, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up for sale is a vintage '65 Gibson EB-0. This is all original from what I can tell with the POSSIBLE exception of the knobs. The pics of others I've seen have a silver disc on top of the knob...not sure if it's a sticker that came off or it's internal to the knob and therefore not original knobs. Perhaps an expert can chime in...

The fretboard is in incredible condition and it plays effortlessly. Sounds HUGE and considerably different depending on whether you pluck on the bridge or neck side of the guard. See the linked pics for wear on the bass - this thing is 44 years old! No repairs. Bitchin' bass!

More pics here: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q109/andyspublicpix/Gibson EB-0/

IMG_3214.

GONE!

2. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    hominahominahomina....that is a BEAUTIFUL bass!!!

3. Bump for the cool bass... i hope they re-release the EB-3 5 string....

4. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

Looks original compared to my '65 with the excepton of the knobs. The originals looked similar, but did have a chrome top.

Got to love that vintage Gibson mudbucker and the short scale.

5. Thanks BigTex!

More info: short scale, weighs about 7 lbs on my crappy scale, does not come with case.

6. LarryR

LarryR

Feb 2, 2003
    Los Angeles
    LOL!

7. Gone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.