1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

'65 Silvertone Bass Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jtc_hunter, Mar 15, 2008.

1. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    Has anyone put strings on one of these basses? '65 Silvertone. Which strings?

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Which model Silvertone? What's the scale length? Got a picture? Some of them were made by the original Danelectro company.

3. envika

envika

Nov 27, 2007
    Bronx, NY
    Well, I own a '65 silvertone, but i try to keep it stringless, it's part of my signature tone

:bag:

4. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    The top string is a standard ball end. The bottom one is the type I need to re-string this old vintage bass. It isnt a gigging bass, just a nostalgic part of the past that I would like to play at home once in a while. The bridge notches are very small and a standard size ball end will not hold .

View attachment 85414
    View attachment 85415

5. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
  6. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005

7. Michael Eisenman

Michael Eisenman Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Eugene, Oregon
    I was snooping around on the juststrings.com site, and I came across these: http://www.juststrings.com/lab-760fd.html

According to the blurb at the bottom of the page, La Bella made the strings for Danelectro and Sears Silvertone in the 60's.

Good luck.

8. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    That could well be. There weren't many companies making strings for bass back then. And the Danelectro came with roundwound strings back then.