Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'68 Fender Pbass for sale/trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bigsammy, Dec 1, 2001.

1. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    hey guys
    i have a 1968 Fender Pbass with a refin of "lime green"(it was a custom color from that era), the neck has been changed to a Warmoth birdseye maple/birdseye maple '62 Jazz reissue neck with schaller tuners. if any of you are interested at all, im open to offers. as for trades, im looking maybe a jazz type bass.

thanks,
    sam

2. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    oh yeah, i have the original Fender hardshell case, and i will part out the bass if necessary.

sam

3. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    anybody?!?:confused:
    i know some1 wants it! speak up! ill sell the parts sepperately if wanted.

sam

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Maybe you could tell us how much you want...

5. see my Fender Stu Hamm Urge I for sale....it's got upgraded active Seymour Duncan "J" pickups....great tone and great shape!

6. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Sam,

Talk to me man! I haven't received the Q-Tron yet. Where did you ship it to? Email me, send me a PM, write me or call me at the phone number that I gave to you. Let me know something man. We need to try to work something out.

7. how much do you want for it? would you be willing to trade of something not of as much value, and then cover the rest with cash?

8. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    ebozzz, i sent ya a PM

whiteout, sure id be interested, what do ya got? as for price, i dont know, im trying to get what i can.

let me know

sam

9. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I got the message Sam. Let's keep talking about this, alright? I'm not trying to big ugly about this. I'm just trying to figure out what we need to do. You still haven't told me what address you shipped to.

10. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Sam,

Do you have any more information for me on the Q-Tron? If you feel that you can't work with me on this, can I just get a refund of the $80.00? I've almost decided to buy another pedal from someone else. If I do, I won't need yours. You need to give me some information.

11. What's going on with the bass pedal Sam?

12. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    whats goin on is that i sent the pedal the 14th or 16th or so of dec. to ebozzz and according to him it has not arrived. thats what is goin on. im worried about giving him a refund and when the pedal shows up, him not sending it back.

sam

13. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    From your email messages to me Sam you sent the pedal no later than the 8th. I've already said that I don't need your pedal. If it ever does arrive here, it will be returned. I have no reason to try to keep something and then lie to you about it. On the other hand, you were paid as promised, right? I've fulfilled my end of the deal Sam. Now it's time for you to live up to your end. You can't be sure that the package will ever get to me as you can't remember where you shipped it to. Refund my money Sam. When or if the pedal gets here you'll get it back. I trusted you with my $80.00 and I have nothing to show for it. Why can't you do the same?

14. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    One more thing Sam. You contacted me on the 16th to see if I had received the pedal. When I informed you that I hadn't, I started to have a harder time trying to get any information out of you regarding the pedal. I won't be out on the street if I don't get the $80.00 back Sam. I just feel that I should either get what I paid for or get my money back. At this point it doesn't look like I'll get what I paid for. Will I get my money back?

Let me ask you a question. If you had ordered something from Musician's Friend and it had failed to arrive after 20 days how would you handle it? I'm sure that you would probably be asking them to either ship the item again or refund your money. You are Musician's Friend in this instance Sam and you haven't delivered.

If you chose to ship it using a method that was not as reliable, that's on you. I asked you several times prior to sending you the money if the $80.00 would be enough to cover shipping. You remember that our agreed upon price was $75.00. You told me that anything over $80.00 would be taken care of by you. You assured me that it wouldn't be a problem, didn't you?

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Do you honestly think you're going to sell that bass while ebozz is awaiting satisfactory results?

16. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    no! im pissed cause its at the fault of the usps, i sent it 2-day a long time ago, and now im sure every1 thinks that i didnt send it!

17. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Sam,

I've never accused you of not sending it. I don't know what you did with it. All I know is that I sent you cash. You got the cash and promised to ship the goods. I'm still waiting for the goods. All of that combined with the fact that you can't give me any solid information on how, when and where you shipped it to is what's troubling me. If you shipped it but used poor judgement in choosing your method of shipping, that to me is just as bad as not shipping it at all! The end result is that I don't have what I paid for.

18. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks for the update Sam! :) Somehow we'll work this out if we keep trying.